Have you ever swallowed a chicken bone?
A 22-year-old Chinese woman discovered the reason for her 14-year-old cough
After years of unnecessary treatment, the young woman accidentally discovered that she had a chicken bone stuck in a lung
She went to the hospital for a hyperhidrosis operation and left without chronic cough
If during this period you experience an annoying cough that shows no sign of passing but you have tested negative for the covid-19 swab, maybe you too could have a chicken bone stuck in a lung. As absurd as it may sound, this was the rather annoying condition experienced firsthand by a young Chinese woman. The girl was then answered after fourteen years of coughing and chest discomfort. It all started over ten years ago, when the young woman was just seven or eight years old.
After a violent coughing attack when she was just a child, this anonymous young woman saw herself turned like a pedal without apparently being able to find the motivation behind that uncontrollable cough that started by chance and lasted decades. Finally, at the dawn of her 22 years, the young woman saw herself making a slab, which showed a chicken bone stuck in a lung in all its shining wonder. All this after incorrect prognosis and antibiotic treatments that obviously had not led to anything.
No chronic bronchitis but a fossilized chicken bone inside a lung.
Like any self-respecting discovery, this too seems to have happened by chance. The young woman wanted to undergo surgery against her excessive sweating condition. So she turned to a medical team that before carrying out the operation, she started routine checks on the girl's health. An unidentified object could be seen from a plate in the lungs, which Dr. Yang Ming, surgeon of the University of Medicine and Surgery of Guangzhou, was quickly ready to remove. And so, entered for an intervention, the 22 year old came out on a chicken bone and without a chronic cough. What a great victory.
In a half-hour outpatient surgery, Dr. Ming removed the foreign object thanks to a small light and a bronchoscope. The removed chicken bone fragment gave new hope to the young woman, who for a while did not understand how it was possible to inhale such a thing. The doctors reassured her, saying that the strange accident may have occurred in childhood, just during that first episode of violent cough that occurred when the young woman was just 7 or 8 years old.