The Brazilian footballer of Paris Saint-Germain Neymar is accused of rape. This is what some Brazilian police documents obtained by the Associated Press would indicate.
The facts reported would have happened in Paris on May 15 last year, but the woman, whose identity is not known, would have presented the complaint Friday in Sao Paulo in Brazil. The woman would have said that she and Neymar met on Instagram and the Paris Saint Germain player would then invite her to Paris. Arriving drunk in the hotel, he would have raped her.
The Brazilian football's spokesmen did not respond to the AP's request for comments, but the player, in a post on Instagram, defended himself, publishing several erotic messages and photos that he and the woman would exchange on WhatsApp both before and after the May 15th
"I'm accused of rape, it's a heavy word, very strong, but that's what's happening," the Brazilian star said in a video posted on Instagram at midnight on Saturday. "All this surprises me, it's something very bad, very sad, because whoever knows me knows what kind of person I am, he knows I would never do such a thing," Neymar continues in the video, before showing "the whole conversation" had with the woman. "They are intimate moments, but you need to show them to prove that nothing happened," says Neymar.
The footballer then devotes a few minutes of the movie to show the alleged exchange of messages with erotic content, which took place via WhatsAapp, between the months of March and May, including photos of the naked young woman or in her underwear. "It was a trap and I fell for it, I hope it serves as a lesson for the future," the player added.
Neymar states that what happened is "totally opposite to what has been told" and considers himself a victim of "extortion". "A few days ago he was the victim of an extortion attempt by a lawyer from Sao Paulo who, according to his version, represented the interests of the alleged victim," the footballer's staff said in a statement.
The player's father and agent, Neymar Santos, also intervened to ensure that his son "did not commit any crime. It has been blackmailed. We have all the evidence and we have delivered everything to the lawyers, "he said in an interview with TV Bandeirantes.