sneakers with plastic collected from the oceans: of course, a difference of many companies that do nothing but contribute to the action of marine plastic waste, there is that plastic water and we do something else, but if we are this is very interesting.
Adidas, who decided to convert (currently with only one product) to green.
The sports brand, in collaboration with the environmental association Parley For The Oceans, has developed three running models: the UltraBOOST, the UltraBOOST X and the UltraBOOST Uncaged.
For the upper of the sneakers, an average of 11 plastic bottles are used, recovered from the filth of the seas.
The dream of the company, and that of all of us, is to quickly reach the moment when plastic will be introduced in production processes, but where only recycled plastic will be treated or, why not, a different, less polluting material.
The project started in 2017 on an experimental basis, with the sale of just 7000 pairs of shoes and a price of € 220: shoes have literally snapped up and the company has undergone a thought for a large-scale production. Ultraboost in less than a year.
The adidas consist of 95% recycled plastic collected near the Maldives (yes, the islands considered paradise by many tourists), and the remaining 5% from other recycled materials.
Nothing is available, it is inspired by the blue tones of the oceans, the latest information is taken from a negative point of view on the issue of coral bleaching. The white color was however also chosen as the representative of the flag of peace, the only one that, hopefully soon, every inhabitant of the Earth will decide to wave.